Monday, June 8, 2009




Temporary Vs. Eternal
A while ago in a ladies' Bible Study in VA we were discussing the temporary things on Earth vs the Eternal things that await us. A friend of mine commented on how virtually all of our daily tasks as wives and mothers revolve around temporary things. I had to agree that this is true on many levels. I wash dishes. As soon as my dishwasher is loaded and running a glass or plate will appear in my sink. I joke that the laundry is never done since we are all wearing clothes while the last load is being folded and put away. No doubt the laundry hampers will not remain empty for long.
We've only been studying at home for a few weeks now, but today I as I remembered the statement from my friend in that Bible Study I smiled as I realized that I am spending time with my children that will no doubt have Eternal rewards. My oldest daughter has already accepted Christ in her heart. The lessons I teach them about God will hopefully bend their hearts toward Him in their future endeavours. God has graced me with the time, resources and desire to train my children . I continually seek His strength and wisdom to complete these tasks. I pray that the lessons and studying lead well beyond "well educated" children, but educated children with hearts that call upon our Lord and are under the control of the Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Kris, This is so true. Even the things that you think are temporary can have eternal impact because you never know what will be remembered or deemed important by your children when they grow up. I think it is marvelous that you are able to spend such great time with them now... and I know it will have wonderful eternal implications!! God bless and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete