Monday, October 3, 2011

Jamie Eason's 12 week Training . . .WO 2

So on Saturday I did the first day of my 12 weeks of training with Jamie Eason, a workout published on Bodybuilding.com. That day left me so sore in the arms that today . . .two days later . . .I was on the floor with the kids during homeschool and I wasn't all too sure that I would be able to get up off the floor. But I did, and then I got myself to the gym to kill my lower body.

Here is what I did . . . (as always, a little different from what Jamie tells me to do, but in a good (more challenging) way.

Warm Up . . .hauling the fire hose at our gym up and down the stairs a few times

Pile Dumbell Squats with 30lb dumbell 3 sets of 12
Cleans using silver bar plus 10lb each side 3 sets of 10
Barbell Side Split Squats (same bar as above) 3 sets of 10
Leg Press (with a set of calves 10 in 3 different positions) 50 lbs each side 3 sets 12
(that is such a whimpy weight for me, but that is what was on the machine, and as I mentioned my upper body is so sore I didn't want to add more weight . . . shame on me)
Leg Extension 60 lbs 3 sets of 10-12
Seated Leg Curl 55 lbs 3 sets 10
Seated Calf Raise 45 lb plate 3 sets of 12 (I can up this too, this was my first time doing this and I was unsure of which weight to use)

For cardio I ran/walked alternate laps on the track for 15 minutes. I started feeling heel pain so I stopped. This is my first major cardio since feeling like I am healing from the plantar faciitis.

45 minutes, avg heart rate 157, cals burned 434
And  am 3 for 3 on days drinking 1 gallon of water

No comments:

Post a Comment